Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Simple Day Time Eyes







So I had a little time before work this morning, and decided to try out some of the products that I purchased on my Sunday Funday cosmetic binge. Because I work in the office, I wanted to go for a simple look with just a little bit of dazzle. 

First things first, I started out with Urban Decay Primer Potion, which is an essential part of my daily routine. Then I began applying the shadow. I used the lightest color (top left) to highlight my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. Next I swept the medium color- which is a very nice golden brown- (bottom), across my lids, and followed with the black on the outer corners of my eyes. Because these shadows are so pigmented, I had to use a very light hand while applying. Needless to say, I absolutely love these shadows (as I do with all of the Lorac shadows that I have tried), and I can't wait to play around with a night time look!


After the shadows and liner (I use wet shadow as a liner), I decided to try out my new Elf lashes. I've heard good reviews about these, so I picked them up at Target to see what they were all about. They were too long for my eyes so I had to cut them down, and they didn't have any shape once taken out of the package, so I did have to play around with them a little bit. Once they were on, I was satisfied with the look, but I just couldn't get over how uncomfortable they were. Normally I wear Darkness lashes, and they're so comfortable that I always forget that I'm wearing them, but these... I knew that I had them on every second of the day. By the end of the day, I was counting down the minutes until I was able to get home and take them off. I'm pretty sure that it's just because of my eye shape, but needless to say, I won't be wearing these again. Darkness will continue to be my go-to brand for lashes =)


No comments:

Post a Comment